Deprecated: Function create_function() is deprecated in /home/rrtransform/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-spamshield/wp-spamshield.php on line 1874
Confident, considerate communication skills can open so many doors to new personal and business relationships. To build and maintain the kind of rapport that attracts new clients and friends, try to following:
- Adjust the way you speak according to the type of person your are talking to; i.e., raise or lower your volume if it is easier for the listener to understand you
- Use the person’s name 2-3 times during the conversation
- Let your body talk (it keeps blood circulating and energizes you.
- Use positive, active words (they’re understood three times quicker)
Example: “excited” “looking forward to “
Business professionalism tip: When addressing a group in the “business” world, it is NOT ok to say “you guys” as if just hanging out with friends. In this multi-cultural world we live in, many professionals look on the reference as crude, careless or even insensitive to the group with whom you are speaking. You can always refer to them as “everyone,” “all of you,” or in a more formal setting, something like “ladies and gentlemen.” Attention to even this small detail can positively impact future business transactions.
- Never belittle your title: “I’m only an assistant.”
- Say what you will do, and when.
- Pay attention to power talkers and pick up phrases that work for them that your personality is comfortable with.
- Purge phrases (um, you know) from your vocabulary that are negative or annoying.
- Get to the point (rambling causes annoyance, boredom and loss of attention)
- Always tell the truth. Do not sacrifice your integrity.
For more information on a seminars or personal coaching, contact Rita Rocker, National Speaker, Communications, Image and Presentations Coach, Transformation Academy, 402-968-3250 email@example.com, www.transformationacademy.